A coordination meeting of the Social Media and Press & Publicity Cell of the SKM party was held today at the party office in Namchi, today. The Chief Guest of the event was Shri Gaden Bhutia, Advisor, Forest and Environment. The Guests of Honour were Shri Tashi Tamang, CLC President, Namchi Singithang Constitution, Shri Navraj Gurung, Vice President In Charge (State), Social Media and Shri SJ Lepcha, General Secretary In Charge, South.
Present in the meeting were
1. Shri Bikash Basnet, Press Secretary to HCM and Social Media Coordinator, State
2. Shri Shera Hang Subba, Vice President In Charge, Youth Wing (South West)
3. Shri Nabin Dahal, Social Media Coordinator, Head Quarters (State)
4. Shri Dawgyal Lepcha, CLC President, Poklok Kamrang Constituency
5. Shri Tengayla Namka, CLC President, Barfung Constituency
6. Shri Krishna Lepcha, Secretary, Press and Publicity (State)
7. Shri B.P. Bhandari, General Secretary, Press and Publicity (State)
8. Shri Arun Rai, General Secretary, South
9. Shri Tenzing Bhutia, Secretary, Social Media (State)
10. Shri Ashit Rai, Secretary, Social Media (State)
11. Shri Lobzang Bhutia, Vice President, CEC
12. Smt. Pavitra Diyali, Member of State Women Commission.
Also present were WLC, CLC, DLC members of Social Media and Press & Publicity Cell.
In the meeting, the main roles to be played by the Social Media and Publicity Cell were discussed. After much deliberation, all came to the following consensus.
Their main objectives and aims were
1. to bring about general awareness in the public.
2. to highlight the important milestones achieved by the government under the guidance of the Honourable CM, Shri PS Golay.
3. to garner support for the party and take it to a higher pedestal.
4. to take criticism positively, but to raise a voice against false accusations and allegations in a fair manner and bring out the truth.
5. With the next election around the corner, the role of Social Media and Publicity Cell cannot be overstressed. The responsibility rests with them to inform the public about the party’s vision and aspirations.
6. District-wise Head Offices of Social Media and Publicity Cell would be set up tentatively in all the districts of Sikkim.
7. Use of modern technologies to enhance their quality of work was also discussed.
The Master of Ceremony was Mr Randiv Kulung Rai. The Vote of Thanks was given by Mr Milan Dilpali.
The meeting was constructive and ended on a positive note.
Secretary, Social Media,